- 200 g flour
- 150 g cold vegan butter
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- about 6 tbsp cold water
- 2 big apples
- 1-2 tbsp cinnamon
- lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- some blueberries (optional)
- In a bowl mix flour, salt and sugar. Cut butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl. Press with your fingers until dough is crumbly.
- Add about 5-6 tbsp ice water (1 tbsp at a time), and mix gently with a fork until dough just comes together.
- Gently press the dough into a disk, and wrap the disk in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Peel, core, and cut 2 big apples. stir in lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough to a circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Arrange apple slices in a spiral pattern, leaving a border around the edges.
- Fold the edges over the apple slices and press gently to seal. Brush with maple syrup and sprinkle sugar on top and some blueberries if you want. Preheat oven to 180ºC and bake for 30-35 minutes.