Ingredients (serves 1-2; add more mushrooms, stock and wine if you want)
- 100 g sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine (vegan)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or hot water + vegan boullon cube)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Heat oil in a saucepan, cook onion and garlic over low heat, add carrots and stir until softened. Finally add the mushrooms and tomato sauce and stir and let it cook for a few minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add the red wine and bring to a simmer for a few minutes. Then add vegetable stock, a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 20 minutes at medium high heat or until sauce thickens. Add more vegetable stock if needed.
- Perfect with rice or pasta!